AWE is able to provide a holistic approach to wastewater management and provision of treatment systems from planning and approval stages through to conceptual and detailed design of treatment systems plus supervision of construction activities. AWE has significant experience in providing support to individual domestic users up to small scale industry.
We have excellent relationships with local and state government and we provide advice on public health issues and environmental impacts associated with the use of wastewater. We are able to help our clients navigate the planning and approval process with ease,and provide guidance on a range of suitable options for onsite treatment and reuse.
In remote areas the design of low energy passive community scale wastewater systems is key to the beneficial reuse of wastewater. This includes subsurface dispersal systems that can both water and feed suitable crops.
The following are some of the services we offer that can assist you with onsite wastewater systems:
- Design of primary and aerobic treatment, composting toilets and passive treatment and alternative systems
- Soil classification and geotechnical assessment
- Manage difficult sites and engineer innovative design solutions
- Design community scale and decentralised wastewater systems
- Design sand filters, mounds, wetland, and zero discharge systems
- Undertake water and nutrient balance analysis
- Prepare applications for council for approval, and assist with pre-lodgement consultation